David Lacko is a postdoc with a focus on cross-cultural differences in perception and cognition. He is also interested in statistics and psychometrics, and videogames and video streaming research. He is a member of the Interdisciplinary Research Team on Internet and Society (Faculty of Social Studies, Masaryk University) and the Brno Lab of Intergroup Processes (Institute of Psychology, Czech Academy of Sciences).
- Ph.D. Excellence Program, Faculty of Arts, Masaryk University (2020 - 2022)
- Cino, D., Lacko, D., Mascheroni, G., & Šmahel, D. (2022). Predictors of children’s and young people’s digital engagement in informational, communication, and entertainment activities: findings from ten European countries. Journal of Children and Media, 1–18. https://doi.org/10.1080/17482798.2022.2123013
- Rachev, N. R., Han, H., Lacko, D., Gelpí, R., Yamada, Y., & Lieberoth, A. (2021). Replicating the Disease framing problem during the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic: A study of stress, worry, trust, and choice under risk. PLOS ONE, 16(9), p. 1-23. https://dx.doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0257151
- Mascheroni, G., Cino, D., Mikuska, J., Lacko, D. & Smahel, D. (2020). Digital skills, risks and wellbeing among European children : Report on (f)actors that explain online acquisition, cognitive, physical, psychological and social wellbeing, and the online resilience of children and young people. Leuven: Katholieke Universiteit Leuven. doi:10.5281/zenodo.4274602
- Lacko, D., Dufková, E., & Macháčková, H. (2022, October 19-22). The effects of streamers' aggressive videogame narration on adolescents' state aggression and normative beliefs about aggression. Presented at the 9th European Communication Conference (ECREA), Aarhus, Denmark. Available here.
- Tkaczyk, M., Lacko, D., & Tancoš, M. (2022, October 19-22). Day-to-day associations between adolescents’ smartphone use before sleep and sleep outcomes. Presented at the 9th European Communication Conference (ECREA), Aarhus, Denmark. Available here.
Cino, D., Lacko, D., Mascheroni, G., & Šmahel, D. (2021, September). How different types of digital skills predict different online activities. 8th European Communication Conference 2021, online.
- Lacko, D., & Machačková, H. (2021, November). The Influence of Online Advertising on Adolescents’ Perceived Credibility of Information Related to the Fitness/Dietary Supplements. Presented at Cyberspace conference, Brno, Czech Republic.
- Psychologie a internet
- Bachelor Thesis Seminar: Methodology of LIS
- Kvantitativní analýza dat empirických šetření (Quantitative data analysis)
- Bachelor’s Thesis Seminar
- Bachelor’s Thesis
- Extended introduction to the statistical inference
- Methodology for Information and Library Studies
- Diploma Thesis Seminar II: Structure of the Project
- Research practice
David Lacko, Ph.D.
ResearchGate: David Lacko
Personal website: https://www.davidlacko.eu/
- Cross-cultural research
- Statistics and psychometrics
- Video games and video streaming research