Jana Blahošová, M.A. is a PhD student of Media studies and journalism at the Faculty of Social Studies at Masaryk University. In her dissertation work, she examines the excessive internet use in adolescents and how it relates to factors from family environment such as the quality of relationships with parents or parental mediation. She is also interested in behavioral addictions, especially in technological and online addictions in young people. She also assists in academic journal Cyberpsychology: Journal of Psychosocial Research on Cyberspace.
- 2020 - Inocenc Arnošt Bláha Award for the best bachelor's thesis (Faculty of Social Studies, MU)
Elavsky, S., Blahošová, J., Lebedíková, M., Tkaczyk, M., Tancos, M., Plhák, J., Sotolář, O., & Smahel, D. (2022). Researching the links between smartphone behavior and adolescent well-being with the FUTURE-WP4 (Modeling the future: Understanding the impact of technology on adolescent’s well-being Work package 4) project: Protocol for an ecological momentary assessment study.
JMIR Research Protocols, 11(3), e35984. https://doi.org/10.2196/35984
- Blahošová, J., Tancoš, M., Šmahel, D., Elavsky, S., Cho, Y. W., Chow, S. M., & Lebedíková, M. (2022, October 19-22). Examining reciprocal relationship between social media use and perceived social support among adolescents: A smartphone ecological momentary assessment study. Presented at the 9th European Communication Conference (ECREA), Aarhus, Denmark. Available here.
- Blahošová, J., Tkaczyk, M., & Šmahel, D. (2021, November). Gender differences in online conversation topics and self-disclosure: Content analysis of Czech adolescents´ instant messaging conversations. Presented at Cyberspace conference, Brno, Czech Republic.
- Blahošová, J., in podcast interview. Moustafa, N. (2023, January 1). Rethink Impact: podcast series from the ECREA 2022 conference. European Communication Research and Education Association (ECREA). Available here. [English]
- Blahošová, J. (2022, May 7). Závislost na internetu a sociálních sítích. Akademická YMCA, Tábor Jana Amose Komenského. [lecture].
Jana Blahošová, M.A.
ResearchGate: Jana Blahošová
LinkedIn: Jana Blahošová
- online risks and opportunities
- excessive internet use
- technological and online addictions